We Need Freelance Writers(Yes... That means you)
As you’ll probably be able to guess by this terrible copy, we need good writers to help us create content for our ever increasing list of online real-estate (a.k.a websites). If you think you’ve got the gift of putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard?) contact us for more info on how you could earn a little extra working with us on a full-time basis.Contact UsHow It Works
Who We Are
We are an exciting and fast moving Education Startup, with some of the most experienced and successful edupreneurs on board. We are growing exponentially, and desperately need to find and/or train the next generation of Marketing Writers to keep building out our empire.
Our education group currently has 5 education businesses:
- Skills Academy
- Matric College
- Bellview Institute of Distance Learning
- Ember Academy (to be launched soon)
- Together We Pass
What We Want
We are looking for ambitious, hard working marketing writers and journalists to join our vibrant marketing team. You will get all the exposure and training you need to succeed in marketing, or journalism.
We are considering anyone who can write well. We do not require work experience, or a qualification. But you need to be able to write exceptionally well. We will teach you the technical elements on the job. Your writing will be tested before you are given an interview.
A journalism qualification will put you ahead of the pack! So if you have completed your studies and need your first or further experience please do apply.
If you are a great fit for our company there is definitely full time opportunities at the end of the internship.
You will be exposed to all the areas in our marketing department; including:
- SEO principles, and writing for the web
- Article and content writing
- Analytics, and analysing SEO success
- Building web pages in WordPress
- Creating or mapping Video content
- Creating images to use in our content
- Social media management and social media content creation
How It Works
Write an article of 900 words or more on one of the following topics:
- How distance learning is changing education in South Africa
- The difference between a degree and a national diploma
- The impact of your level of education on your income
- How to get your matric if you failed
- The career opportunities for someone that has a national diploma in marketing
Your writing must adhere to the following criteria:
- 100% correct spelling and grammar
- Evidence that you researched the topic
- Language level aimed at a reader that has grade 9
- Tell me something I did not know
- Interesting and engaging
If you have any questions about signing up as a full-time writer for Skills Academy, complete the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.